We are looking for a high energy, driven, Strategic Account Director who will be responsible for the definition and execution of CTS growth strategy for Cummins globally. The scope of the role covers all current and future potential CTS product offerings, regardless of BU. The Strategic Account Director works collaboratively across functions in support of the Strategic Account. Above all, the mandate of the Strategic Account Director is relentless pursuit of ‘Trusted Partner’ status with their customer(s), championing the needs of his/her customer(s) to drive developmental activities across the full spectrum of CTS’s activities.
REQUIREMENTS – Critical Behaviors
- Develops, maintains and leads execution of Cummins growth strategy setting revenue, profit, market share, and pipeline targets encompassing the entire CTS product portfolio.
- Leads the global account team in mapping out the decision-making unit and decision making process from operating to executive level utilizing CTS resources to support this initiative.
- Identifies and prioritizes major opportunities which drive the future growth strategy.
- Provides insight to and champions development activities in pursuit of future needs, translating those customer needs into actionable programs for growth within CTS. Creates frequent opportunities for formal and informal technology exchange between customer and CTS
- Maintaining a high-quality dialogue around future technology roadmaps, key trends, discontinuities, and new market opportunities for products in our portfolio and outside of our current products.
- Provides direction and global account alignment on pricing, terms and conditions, warranty, delivery, quality etc.
- Provide input to customer satisfaction/scorecard measurement and responsible for driving customer scorecard improvement.
- Develop and present Global Customer Account Strategy with clear action items and timelines. Support profit improvement through pricing actions and cost reduction programs (VA/VE, Pricing, Best cost manufacturing) Support coordination for competitive analysis globally and regionally.
- Leads launch and introduction of new products and services into the customer, ensuring that necessary support and training is made available to ensure successful penetration.
- Is recognized as the primary expert within CTS on all aspects of customer’s business:
- Customer’s customers and market.
- Customer’s strategy and strategic drivers.
- Customer’s roadmap for future technology development.
- Contribute strategic insight to forecasts of CTS’s business.
- Works with management to ensure that support team is adequately staffed, trained and positioned to fulfill customer needs.
REQUIREMENTS – Key Skills
- Thinks strategically and executes against a set of measurable goals.
- Makes sound decisions on little information.
- Builds consensus.
- Inspires others.
- Exhibits strong sense of cultural awareness and can operate effectively across differing cultures.
- Communicates clearly and effectively at all levels.
- Is flexible in approach and solutions.
- Is future, goal and performance oriented with bias toward action.
- Is persistent in driving towards goals.
- Operates ethically and with integrity.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Strategic planning and delivery.
- Strong analytical, planning, problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Technically competent – educational or field experience – in arena directly relevant to customer’s business.
- Highly skilled at influencing – capable of navigating matrix organization to achieve complex objectives.
- Skilled at multi-level relationship development and managing major customers operating multiple sites across multiple geographies.
- Strong analytical capability with financial skills and understanding of planning and forecasting processes.
- Understanding of key sales tools such as CRM systems.
- Strong oral and written presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required. Master’s degree in Business or Marketing (or extensive directly relevant field experience).
- Minimum 7 years of experience of managing larger, multi-divisional accounts with strong project management experience.
- Prior automotive/commercial vehicle or electronics industry experience highly desired.
- Minimum 10 years of successful customer management experience with proven track record of profitable customer acquisition and development.