Strategic Account Director
The Strategic Account Director is responsible for definition and execution of CTS growth strategy for the Cummins globally and RF DPF (Radio Frequency Diesel Particulate Filter) business development in NA. The scope of the role covers all current or future potential CTS product offerings, regardless of BU. The Strategic Account Director works collaboratively with sales, FAE, operations, product & program management, technology and finance colleagues in support of the Strategic Account, providing leadership on those topics where he/she has greatest expertise and support where others hold that position. Above all, the mandate of the Strategic Account Director is relentless pursuit of ‘Trusted Partner’ status with their customer(s), championing the needs of his/her customer(s) to drive developmental activities across the full spectrum of CTS’s activities. In conjunction with this role, the Strategic Account Director will call on and develop existing RF engagements as well as create new opportunities in NA.
Strategic Account Director
RF North American Account Coordinator
- Develops, maintains and leads execution of Cummins growth strategy setting revenue, profit, market share, and pipeline targets encompassing the entire CTS product portfolio.
- Leads the global account team in mapping out the decision making unit and decision making process from operating to executive level utilizing CTS resources to support this initiative.
- Identifies and prioritises major opportunities which drive the future growth strategy.
- Sets direction and collaborates closely with colleagues in sales, field applications and operations to understand and support needs of the customer, developing the short to mid term pipeline of growth opportunities to produce a winning result. Works to leverage regional successes globally.
- Provides insight to and champions development activities in pursuit of future needs, translating those customer needs into actionable programs for growth within CTS. Collects, reviews, distributes and implements Specific Customer Requirements.
- Creates frequent opportunities for formal and informal technology exchange between customer and CTS, continuously broadening the pool of participants on both sides.
- Opening and maintaining a high quality dialogue around future technology roadmaps, key trends, discontinuities, and new market opportunities for products in our portfolio and outside of our current products is a specific objective of this role.
- Provides direction and global account alignment on pricing, terms and conditions, warranty, delivery, quality etc.
- Provide input to customer satisfaction/scorecard measurement and responsible for driving customer scorecard improvement.
- Develop and present Global Customer Account Strategy with clear action items and timelines. Ongoing internal communication and alignment with global account management teams on a regular frequency (phone/in person) to advance the account strategy.
- Support profit improvement through pricing actions and cost reduction programs (VA/VE, Pricing, Best cost manufacturing) Support coordination for competitive analysis globally and regionally.
- Leads launch and introduction of new products and services into the customer, ensuring that necessary support and training is made available to ensure successful penetration.
- Information sharing: Is recognised as the primary expert within CTS on all aspects of customer’s business:
- Customer’s customers and market.
- Customer’s strategy and strategic drivers.
- Customer’s roadmap for future technology development.
- Contribute strategic insight to forecasts of CTS’s business.
- Maintain regular analysis on pipeline of future opportunities and continuously identify leads for further potential opportunities in collaboration with colleagues on the account team.
- Regularly engages senior colleagues in all relevant business units to ensure a high level of awareness of potential opportunities for growth with customer(s).
- Works with colleagues in marketing to develop a communications program around the account(s) covering both communications to customer and to wider CTS community about account activities and achievements.
- Works with management to ensure that support team is adequately staffed, trained and positioned to fulfill customer needs.
REQUIREMENTS – Critical Behaviours
- Coordinates market direction in NA for RF sensing opportunities.
- Responsible for commercial account interface and developing/supporting series production pricing strategy as well as customer engineering development pricing at each account engagement.
- Works closely with CTS RF development teams to communicate needs of the customers and value sell RF capabilities and benefits.
- Supports specific trade show and engineering conferences which advance CTS market engagement with RF.
- Provides competitive insight to other technologies as well as direct RF competitors
- Supports global RF effort.
REQUIREMENTS – Key Skills
- Thinks strategically and delivers strategy against a set of measurable goals.
- Makes sound decisions on little information.
- Shares information effectively.
- Builds consensus.
- Inspires others.
- Exhibits strong sense of cultural awareness and can operate effectively across differing cultures.
- Communicates clearly and effectively at all levels.
- Is flexible in approach and solutions.
- Is future, goal and performance oriented with bias toward action.
- Is persistent in driving towards goals.
- Operates ethically and with integrity.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Strategic planning and delivery.
- Strong analytical, planning, problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Technically competent – educational or field experience – in arena directly relevant to customer’s business.
- Highly skilled at influencing – capable of navigating matrix organisation to achieve complex objectives.
- Skilled at multi-level relationship development and managing major customers operating multiple sites across multiple geographies.
- Strong analytical capability with financial skills and understanding of planning and forecasting processes.
- Understanding of key sales tools such as CRM systems.
- Strong oral and written presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required.
- Miller Heiman sales model strongly preferred.
- Masters degree in Business or Marketing (or extensive directly relevant field experience).
- Minimum 15 years experience in industries connected to commercial vehicle and electronics industry.
- Minimum 10 years of successful customer management experience with proven track record of profitable customer acquisition and development.
- Minimum of 3 years international business experience preferred.