The Product Manager takes primary global responsibility for developing and executing the strategic plans for their product lines including: establishing strategic and tactical product roadmaps guiding technology development, establishing value based pricing strategies and ensuring their appropriate, systematic implementation globally, driving the marketing of the products, and effectively training and communicating the value proposition and selling strategy throughout the organization.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Meet growth, profitability and return on asset objectives within the product line business group.
- Plan, lead and manage the entire life of a product line from the identification of market opportunities through design development, product launch, market penetration and growth as well as the end of life phase.
- Manage and drive product line results in all global regions, channels of distribution (where applicable), market segments and customers that align with the strategy.
- Identification and communication of a business strategy resulting from a thorough understanding of customer and market requirements, the competitive environment and core competencies for each product line.
- Identification and development of new as well as existing markets, applications and products.
- Research customer product requirements, competitive offerings, and market needs to identify product and/or technology gaps and initiate new product development programs.
- Establish themselves as subject matter experts in their appropriate markets, applications and geographical regions
- Develop global and tactical pricing allowing CTS to respond to competitive opportunities as well as threats while meeting profitability objectives.
- Establish and lead a marketing communication and promotional strategy for the product line.
- Provide product as well as application training, including competitive strategies and responses, for all appropriate sales channels.
- Assist and monitor the execution of key new business initiatives and opportunities to achieve growth definition of product requirements and specifications.
- Maximize the effective use of existing assets and maximize the return on assets for the product line globally.
- Provide a foundation for manufacturing planning and capacity by developing a forecast of demand by product
- Monitor product line profitability and coordinate and drive margin improvement initiatives that meet or exceed product line goals
- Establish and drive initiatives that improve product cost, quality and delivery as required by the product line
- Define and champion an acquisition strategy for the product line business group
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Capable of strategically planning future product opportunities and demonstrate strong entrepreneurial skills in translating those plans into commercially successful and profitable product offerings.
- Experience with leading the development and execution of business cases / plans.
- International experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate decisions to peers and superiors as appropriate. Ability to think creatively.
- Strong presentation skills; Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Strong bias for results.
- Good problem solving skills
- Collaborative and effective team player with ability to motivate, inspire and influence.
- Good “people” skills... Good listener and can adapt to the customer audience
- High Integrity, self-starter, strong work ethic, and high level of energy.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in engineering required (EE, ME or similar). MBA highly preferred.
- 7+ years of strong experience in product management and driving new product development.
- 5+ years of supervisory / management experience.
- Domestic and international travel will be required on a regular basis (up to 50% of time)
- Ability to work several hours at a computer
- Ability to work extended hours as needed
CTS Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer who complies with all applicable federal, state and local employment laws. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CTS Corporation will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. It has been and shall continue to be both the official policy and the commitment of CTS Corporation to further equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of, among other characteristics, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
- Standard office environment
We fully comply with all applicable Department of Labor and EEOC rules, regulations, guidelines, and orders including but not limited to Executive Order 11246 and 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4, 60-250.5(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). The parties hereby incorporate the requirements of 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4(a)(7), 29 C.F.R. Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A, 41 C.F.R. § 60-300.5(a) and 41 C.F.R. § 60-741.5(a), if applicable. Except where prohibited by law, all offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a background check and drug screening.
Applicant must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US.
No agencies please.