The Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for managing CTS’ marketing and communications initiatives. This includes the development of clear communication plans to execute on the corporate brand and marketing plan, aligning our key messages with the appropriate audiences and delivering communications through the most effective channels. In addition, this position is responsible for ensuring the corporate website and social media sites are updated with accurate content, while adhering to the brand identity and company objectives. This position will work cross-functionally with Business Unit leaders Product Managers, Engineers, etc. to assist in developing content, ensure consistency in messaging, considering audience for print and/or digital media.
Digital Marketing Management
- Ensure all company communications, signage, work environments and other visual materials adhere to CTS’ Visual Identity Guidelines; continue to maintain and refine as needs/desires evolve.
- Build standardization practices/procedures for the global production of signage, literature, promotional items, business cards, etc.
- Develop and maintain a database of current photography, videography, and other stock images for intra-company access.
- Responsible for local execution in corporate office and coordination/guidance for other locations globally.
External Communications Management – Business Development
- Manage and maintain CTS’ web domains, working with vendors and internal/external stakeholders coordinating website enhancements and website updates.
- Social media management (LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, YouTube) including tracking, automation and analytics.
- Edit, review and implement product and application content to CTS website and other platforms
- Coordinate photo and video shoots/production/editing.
- Coordinate Marketing Plans across Business Units and Corporate initiatives
- Coordinate paid marketing efforts via Google AdWords or industry newsletters as needed to achieve business objectives.
- Gather and analyze data analytics from websites, e-mail marketing platform and social media accounts.
- Maximize CTS’ search engine optimization.
- Manage and maintain internal e-mail marketing system and execute new product releases / news bulletins as required.
External Communications Management – Investor Relations
- Review and edit Business Unit and Corporate communications, providing templates and tools to Business Units.
- Provide event and tradeshow guidance.
- Meet with Business Units to align as they develop local external communication plans and external communications.
- Work with business leaders across the company to develop strategic marketing plans to fit pre-determined budgets in order to meet product marketing and sales support objectives.
- Ensure that business unit stakeholders are able to easily access information for business development objectives.
Internal Communications Management
- Work closely with finance and accounting leadership to ensure that CTS is in full compliance with SEC regulations. This includes ensuring timely and accurate posting of financial information to the www.ctscorp.com domain as well as curating and scheduling financial press releases.
- Assist in the development and management of the CTS Investor Presentation for use by company leadership.
- Coordinate investor events as required.
Media Relations/Public Relations Management
- Draft, review and edit Corporate communications.
- Review and edit Business Unit communications.
- Assist Business Units as they develop local internal communication plans and internal communications.
- Develop and distribute CTS Corporation’s internal employee newsletter in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Facilitate internal announcements on CTS Corporation’s internal corporate portal.
- Manage media requests and Corporate Crisis communications.
- Assist Business Units as they manage local Crisis communications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- B.S. degree, with a major in Marketing, English or communications, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5+ years of prior experience in a corporate branding/communications role. Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Media analysis, basic computer knowledge and experience.
- Solid understanding of technical manufacturing and B-to-B marketing.
- Global travel to individual Business Units locations, industry trade show and misc. local suppliers (up to 20% of time).
- Bi-lingual a plus (Spanish, German, Chinese, Japanese).
- Strong knowledge/understanding of brand management.
- Good graphic design skills, including photography and videography in adherence to company standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to design and develop web-based content and pages
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to work with all levels of the organization and outside vendors.
- Self-starter, able to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Can effectively assess needs of internal partners and identify impactful marketing solutions to meet business needs.