About the Job / Position Summary:
This position is responsible for managing, administering and monitoring contract performance. Provides oversight for resolution of compliance issues. Acts as liaison between business unit and corporate counsel as required.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities and Requirements:
- Manages, administers and monitors contract performance.
- Provides oversight for resolution of compliance issues.
- Acts as liaison between business unit and corporate counsel as required.
- Responsible for reviewing contract solicitation terms, handling contract award confirmations, interpreting agreement terms and conditions and identifying potential issues, reviewing agreement amendments/modifications and incorporating changes.
- Reviews contractual documents to ensure adherence to company policy, government specifications and requirements and provides contractual advice, guidance and support to the contracts lead /program and operations management.
- Assists in the development of bid strategy and proposal preparation and review.
- May have responsibility to manage monitoring and reporting activities related to compliance with company policies and government regulations.
- Reviews and resolves issues affecting compliance and ensure satisfaction of legal/regulatory requirements.
- Reviews proposals and contract actions prior to signature or negotiation to ensure appropriate factors have been considered and all necessary information on contract risk mitigation has been gathered.
- Ensures protection of company interests and intellectual property during negotiations and fully document negotiation outcomes.
- Provides guidance on contract policies, procedures and other business and contractual or compliance matters affecting the Company and liaises with business unit and corporate staff as required.
- Along with senior management team develops and maintains effective business relationships with government, commercial, foreign and domestic customers.
- Administers the contract by executing all change notices and preparing all correspondence to obtain extensions to the period of performance, provide additional funding requirements, and notify of change of key personnel and cost increases.
- Coordinates contract closes out and handle audits.
- Provides adequate supervision and guidance to assigned staff and ensures they perform their duties properly and in a timely manner.
- Supports, communicates, reinforces and defends CTS’s mission, values and culture.
- Provide claim and litigation support to corporate counsel as required.
- Coordinates registrations (CTPAT, SAM) and procedure compliance as required.
- Responsible for administering procedures, policies, processing licenses as required and maintaining records for Export Administration Regulations (EAR) compliance. Make critical decisions based on input from Sales, Product Management and Engineering applying the EAR regulations.
- Responsible for administering procedures, policies, processing licenses as required and maintaining records for International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) compliance. Make critical decisions based on input from Sales, Product Management and Engineering applying the ITAR regulations.
- May manage the business unit portfolio of international agreements (consultants, sales representatives, resellers, etc.).
- Liaison with all departments to capture and facilitate the contract life cycle from need identification, through drafting, negotiation, execution, performance, to completion and close out.
- Proven negotiating skills and the ability to exercise sound business judgment and discretion is critical.
- Comprehensive knowledge of FAR, DFARS, and government procurement/contracting cycle spanning all major contract types (FFP, FPI, CPAF, CPFF, CPIF, T&M, BOA, IDIQ).
- Previous EAR and ITAR training is advantageous.
- Experience in the management of government contracts.
- Detailed knowledge of government intellectual property (IP)/software and data rights clauses and IP marking guidelines.
- Detailed knowledge of source selection / evaluation process including cost and price analysis.
- Detailed knowledge and thorough understanding of proper drafting, negotiation and use of contracts, subcontracts, POs teaming and other forms of agreements.
- Familiarity with general business operations and management functions and principles (business development, finance/accounting, operations, information technology).
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Previous management experience.
- General computer proficiency and familiarity with Microsoft Office programs.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four or more years of progressive experience in contracts.
- Standing, walking, and sitting.
- Light office work with lots of desk and computer work.
- Ability to focus on computer monitor for majority of the day.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to Travel domestically and internationally as required.