Under the direction of the Production Manager/Plant Manager, the Manufacturing Supervisor will coordinate the activities of the production line operators in the manufacturing of products. The Manufacturing Supervisor will provide direction & support to operators in training, problem solving, process characterization, design & development process efficiency improvements and continuous improvement activities. Provides input in the development of new products or processes as required. Provides support to engineers and technicians in training, problem solving, product or process characterization, design and development, process efficiency improvements and continuous improvement activities. Requires the ability to communicate effectively.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Creates the direction for the department regarding line coordination, line flow scheduling, inventory control, productivity, problem solving, & root cause analysis on assigned production line. Coordination of preventive & corrective maintenance. Day to day management of department expenses.
- Proactively identifies factory issues with products and processes post launch. Identifies shortfalls and acquires necessary support to ensure order fulfillment. Trains and identifies opportunities to apply factory SPC and Lean initiatives. Trains in the proper use of these techniques. Identifies factory issues with products and processes post launch. Is able to train and mentor an array of continuous improvement tools (DOE, DMAIC, Six Sigma) and statistical analysis methods.
- Consistent application of all corporate HR policies and site specific HR policies. Thorough documentation of employee performance issues and completion of employee performance reviews.
- Assure production team follows approved safety and environmental policies / practices. Active identify and follow through on any safety issues.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, building cross-functional collaboration.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Exhibit a “no job too small” attitude, a self-starter and able to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal and leadership skills, leading by example and ensuring integrity of the team.
- Strong communication (written and oral), analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to identify critical issues from varying points of view and make timely, high quality decisions.
- Ability to effectively plan and set priorities. Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel to other CTS locations as required, job requires domestic and international travel (less than 10%).
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule (nights and weekends, as needed).
Education and Experience
BA / BS degree or AS degree in a technical field of study preferred
Equivalent job experience (Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment).
- Ability to work several hours at a computer.
- Ability to work extended hours as needed.
- Ability to stand for long periods and lift up to 30 pounds
As a CTS Corporation employee, employees are accountable for adhering to the CTS mission, vision and core values while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of their job. CTS is a leading designer and manufacturer of sensors, actuators and electronic components to OEMs in the aerospace, communications, defense, industrial, information technology, medical, and transportation markets. CTS manufactures products in North America, Europe and Asia.