Drive process improvement, scrap reduction and lean projects in the PEP shaping area. Focus on Haas machining process improvement through N/C programming, tooling, and fixture improvements, as well as ability to train operators on proper machine setup, machine controls, and product dimensional verification. This technician will also work with engineering to launch new products and processes. This technician will work with other PEP shaping area equipment such as grinders, lappers, wire saws, and dicers to improve processes while working with area operators and training.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Working knowledge of Haas machine operation, NC programming, machine tools and gages. Process improvements including N/C programming, tooling, fixturing, and gaging.
- Train operators on the proper use of the Haas milling machine, as well as other machine processes in the shaping area. Training to including proper setup, machine controls, and verification of product dimensions per established processes.
- Assist in the launch of new products in the PEP shaping and slicing area. Work with engineering to develop and implement machine processes. Collect manufacturing yield and capability data. Use data to help drive change in improving machine processes.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- N/C controlled 3-axis milling machine operation, NC programming, machine tool setup and gaging.
- Good interpersonal skills with operators, supervisors, and engineers
- Good Basic computer skills to include familiarity with spreadsheets and word processing.
Education and Experience
- Two years minimum experience with 3-axis N/C controlled milling machines
- Two years minimum experience with N/C programming using machine code
- Knowledge in the use of all standard hand held gauges, and optical comparator
- Basic SPC knowledge, Basic computer skills to include familiarity with spreadsheets and word processing software.
- Machine experience with grinders, lappers, wire saws and dicers is a plus
Approximate 60% Standing/Walking; 40% Sitting. Occasional lifting up to OSHA limits. Exposure to hazardous materials (PZT particulate and mists) and nuisance dusts. Exposed to machine noise, mists from machines (containing PZT) and chemicals such as ethylene glycol.
CTS Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer who complies with all applicable federal, state and local employment laws. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CTS Corporation will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. It has been and shall continue to be both the official policy and the commitment of CTS Corporation to further equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of, among other characteristics, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We fully comply with all applicable Department of Labor and EEOC rules, regulations, guidelines, and orders including but not limited to Executive Order 11246 and 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4, 60-250.5(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). The parties hereby incorporate the requirements of 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4(a)(7), 29 C.F.R. Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A, 41 C.F.R. § 60-300.5(a) and 41 C.F.R. § 60-741.5(a), if applicable. Except where prohibited by law, all offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a background check and drug screening.
Applicant must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US.
No agencies please.