Working on the manufacturing floor most of the time, supporting and working on the problems that face the Production Supervisor and Team Leads. The role will be working with the Production Team to meet customer expectations of quality and on-time delivery. This will include working on Quality, Statistical Process Control, Engineering issues, Engineering Change Requests, scrap reduction and other support functions.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Assisting Production Supervisor in keeping flow of jobs moving through the shop smoothly by resolving day to day problems
- Work with other Engineers and technicians to identify potential opportunities for them to work on and create sustainable solutions while this person keeps the day to day running
- Read technical drawings and blueprints for production communication and quality
- Communicate effectively between engineering and production team
- Understand the effective maintenance and use of our machinery for proper training and execution
- Backup production team and team leads during vacations and other absences
- Identify innovative approaches to plant-wide issues that create opportunities for process improvements that positively impact the manufacturing process.
- Provide statistical analysis reports evaluating the efficiency of current processes, procedures, equipment and associates
- Monitor all the operations of the production processes and production flow
- Coordinate with other departments regarding unit layouts and equipment
- Suggest ways to improve and increase productivity of employees
- Determine processes and workforce to achieve maximum productivity
- Develop, evaluate, and improve methods and procedures
- Identify and implement solutions to production, quality, and manufacturing processes
- Continuously assess processes and equipment to recommend improvements or solutions to problems
- Support and actively participate in continuous improvement activities to enhance/improve quality systems and manufacturing operations, including (but not limited to) Kaizen teams, LEAN manufacturing initiatives, 5S programs, etc.
- Work closely with R&D Engineering department to identify and resolve procedural, process, and product quality problems.
- Regulatory compliance - Safety/OSHA
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 3 to 5 years hands on manufacturing engineering experience in a manufacturing environment; technical aptitude and ability to grasp multiple technologies; working knowledge and experience with engineering software programs; best implementation practices; blueprints and process mapping methodologies; regulatory compliance - Safety/OSHA & DEP; managing Maintenance Department; understanding and supporting Lean Manufacturing concepts and Six Sigma programs is an added advantage. Demonstrated ability to overcome technical challenges.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities including creating a culture of high performance and strong employee relationships.
- Excellent problem identification and problem-solving abilities. Able to prioritize competing objectives.
- Coaches, motivates and directs employees to do excellent work.
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication, and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and motivate teams within the plant environment.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with both plant and business unit personnel.
- High integrity
- Manufacturing process experience, specifically with Single Crystal growth ceramic science and mechanical process is preferred.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's in Manufacturing/ Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience preferred but not limit to single Crystal Growth Ceramic Science, Materials Engineering
- 3 years of hands-on Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 3 years in single crystal and or ceramic Science, materials engineering (preferred)
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a leadership role within a manufacturing facility
CTS Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer who complies with all applicable federal, state and local employment laws. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CTS Corporation will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. It has been and shall continue to be both the official policy and the commitment of CTS Corporation to further equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of, among other characteristics, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
- Must follow applicable safety instructions in specified areas of the building (safety glasses, hearing protection).
- Ability to work several hours at a computer
- Ability to travel as needed (approximately 15%)
- Plant and office environment
We fully comply with all applicable Department of Labor and EEOC rules, regulations, guidelines, and orders including but not limited to Executive Order 11246 and 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4, 60-250.5(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). The parties hereby incorporate the requirements of 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4(a)(7), 29 C.F.R. Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A, 41 C.F.R. § 60-300.5(a) and 41 C.F.R. § 60-741.5(a), if applicable. Except where prohibited by law, all offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a background check and drug screening.
Applicant must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US.
No agencies please.