This position is responsible for all global Human Resources (HR) related activities within the Strategic Business Unit (SBU). This includes being both a strategic and operational HR business partner to the VP/GM and leadership team of the SBU and the development and execution of HR initiatives to drive business results. This position will be a key partner with the Corporate Human Resources team in the design and development of company-wide talent management initiatives and provide leadership to the global SBU HR team.
Major Areas of Responsibility
• Partners with the SBU to support business objectives and actively participates in the development and execution of the business strategy.
• Identify and deploy impactful people strategies that enable the SBU to perform effectively and scale efficiently as it grows.
• Challenge, recognize and effectively balance the SBU’s interests with the needs/goals of the company
• Works with leaders to develop a culture that reflects our values, that inspires and fosters high performance and high employee engagement.
• Provides leadership, business partnership and coaching to the SBU leadership team and managers on key talent management processes, including; succession planning, recruitment, performance management and development. Actively identifies gaps, proposes and implements changes when necessary.
• Participates with the Corporate Human Resources team on company-wide HR initiatives and long-term HR strategic planning.
• Provides leadership to the global SBU HR team, including ensuring; all local HR activities are aligned with SBU business objectives, cultural alignment, and compliance with all applicable local employment laws.
• Ensure a positive employee relations environment through strong relationships at all levels of the company. Act as a coach and advisor to employees.
• Administers, interprets and complies with federal, state and local employment laws, as well as corporate policies and procedures.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knows how business works and operates, and is able to align HR activities with the business objectives and initiatives.
• Ability to balance the needs of the business and the needs of the employees simultaneously.
• Ability to identify a problem/evaluate a situation and provide effective solutions based on information from multiple perspectives.
• Strong work ethic, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple initiatives that deliver business results. Analytical and inquisitive.
• Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and is willing to take a stand and push back when necessary. Uses influence skills to persuade others.
• Ability to gain strong credibility and be viewed as a valuable resource.
• A hands-on learner with natural initiative and curiosity.
• Ability to identify and prioritize key objectives while managing daily tactical requirements.
• Possesses a high level of flexibility and adaptability.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to successfully manage multiple activities/initiatives at one time.
• Knowledge of contemporary HR processes.
• Demonstrated ability to provide leadership both directly and indirectly. Effectively manages, develops and motivates others.
• Ability to travel internationally as business needs dictate.
Education and Experience
• Undergraduate degree in Human Resources or related field.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in Human Resources, with at least 3 years in a global leadership role.
• Previous experience working in Manufacturing and Engineering related organizations, preferably within the automotive industry.
• Experience working with international teams and has proven skills in bringing together regions as part of a global organization.
• Has successfully led culture change initiatives.