Represent CTS directly to the customer and is the voice of the customer (VOC) within the CTS organization. Assemble and lead cross functional team for the execution of new product developments from project conception through to production launch. Ensure that all customer requirements, internal metrics and critical dates are met.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Establish and deliver project terms of reference.
- Assemble and lead domestic and globally located cross functional teams required to deliver the project requirements.
- Ensure technical, quality and commercial interface occurs with the customer.
- Assure “safe launch” to customer quality and delivery expectations, successfully delivering the project into volume production.
- Secure project funding, then track and manage the program budget to ensure all financial metrics are met, and customer payments are made on time.
- Identify and lead cost reduction and margin improvement activity.
- Facilitate completion of appropriate requirements for prototype and production program deliverables.
- Update the business case and project terms of reference as the program scope evolves.
- Gather information necessary to facilitate quotations to the customer.
- Facilitate and participate in customer meetings at customer and CTS locations.
- Participate in supplier meetings as required
- Facilitate completion of action items on project open issues list.
- Communicate project status and ensure risk is identified and minimized during project execution.
- Support other Program Management initiatives, as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong working knowledge and proven experience in automotive product and program management systems including APQP and PPAP.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills.
- Proven experience and interaction with suppliers, customers and Senior Management.
- Know how to use MS Windows and MS Office Package especially Excel & PowerPoint.
- Understanding of Critical Path concepts for Projects.
- Ability to use MS Project.
- Experience with PCB, electronic components, magnetics, stamping, plastic injection molding, low and high-volume assembly helpful.
- ERP/MRP system experience desirable.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other related field.
- 5 years of previous experience as a Program Manager preferably in the automotive industry.
- Ability to work several hours at a computer.
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) as needed (up to 20%).
Standard office environment.