Senior Hardware Design Engineer (Automotive/ADAS)
At CTS Corporation, we are at the forefront of technology, delivering innovative sensing, connectivity and motion solutions to enable an intelligent, seamless world and better tomorrow. We are a leading designer and manufacturer of sensors, actuators and electronic components in a variety of markets from medical to automotive, with four global designer centers and nearly 5,000 employees.
We are rapidly expanding and have positions available in our two Chicago area Design Centers, Lisle and Elkhart. Our Northern Indiana Elkhart Design Center has among the lowest cost of living in the nation with the option of suburban or urban living. Our Lisle Illinois Design Center on Chicago’s west side offers Suburban or Urban living. Both are close proximity to the nation’s leading universities and a short drive to downtown Chicago, opening up all the possibilities of world class arts, entertainment and professional sports.
Leading the way take more than talent: it takes great people who are passionate, creative and collaborative. People who are innovators and maintain the highest standards in safety and quality. If this sounds like you, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The Senior Hardware Design Engineer will be responsible for providing technical design expertise to the new product development and launch function. He/she will also be responsible for product design engineering and/or analysis support of certain product series in development/production phase.
Major Areas of Responsibility
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Perform hardware design and development activities from initial concept to production implementation including but not limited to initial schematic development, circuit simulation, WCCA, and board debug testing.
- Provide oversight of board development functions including PCB layout, DFM/DFT, generating Gerbers, and prototyping.
- Support selection and specification of electrical and electronics components.
- Conduct, coordinate and track electrical/electronic hardware failure analysis, root cause investigation and corrective implementation.
- Perform technical design review within the organization and with customers at concept, design validation and production sign-off stages.
- Manage electronics related technical documentation.
Education and Experience
- In-depth understanding of BLDC motor commutation and control theory.
- In-depth understanding of basic DC/DC power converter(s) physics and applications.
- In-depth understanding of power electronic components physics, simulation models and applications, including TVS, Zener diodes, Schottky diodes, BJTs, power MOSFETs.
- Proficient in one of the following simulation software: PSpice, LTSpice, MATLAB Simulink.
- Proficient in circuit schematic capture/PCB layout design CAD software desired (preferably Altium Designer).
- Hands-on experience in vehicle communication system including but not limited to CAN, LIN, SPI, both applications and implementation on the embedded software level desired.
- Harsh environment electronics experience (-40 to 150C with high vibration) desired.
- Bachelor of Science Degree (or above) in Electrical Engineering or related engineering disciplines.
- 5+ years of progressive electronic/electrical components, circuits and systems design engineering experience in the automotive or related industry.
- 5+ years of electrical/electronic circuit simulation and control analysis, preferably on automotive electrical power systems.
- 5+ years of electronic embedded system hardware and software controls experience in the automotive or related industry.
#engineer #hardware #design #automotive #ADAS #circuit #autonomousvehicles #CTS #Elkhart #Indiana #Lisle #Illinois #electronic #electrical #systems #auto #engineering #BLDC #motor #CAD #PCB #CAN #LIN #SPI #job #career
- 6+ hours a day sitting at desk and working with computer screen.
- Exert up to 20 lbs. of force to occasionally lift electrical testing equipment/electronic hardware.
- Occasionally attend meetings at night (after 7:00PM), and/or early morning (before 6:00AM).
- Occasionally work over the weekend.
- Occasionally travel overseas.