Lead, direct and manage the worldwide multi-SBU manufacturing operations and product quality to attain Corporate, business unit, product family, plant and operations goals and targets, including growth, profitability, ROA, and total customer satisfaction. Responsible for the safe production of products that meet the customer’s requirements for quality and quantity. Scope of responsibility includes Zhongshan, China, Matamoros and Juarez, Mexico, and Ostrava, Czech Republic manufacturing facilities. Responsible for business unit strategies related to manufacturing, manufacturing engineering, materials, production tooling, and product quality. Ensure all manufacturing locations are in alignment with strategic business plans. Maximize the utilization of business unit assets. Monitor and review business unit performance in manufacturing, including Cost of Quality, productivity, inventory and inventory turns, cost/expense control, and profitability.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Participate in business planning process, develop and communicate the manufacturing strategy, provide input from a manufacturing viewpoint into product design, standardization, manufacturability and required technologies. Develop business models for all manufacturing locations that support current and future business strategies.
- Conducts site reviews, participates in status updates, discusses and reviews the planning at the manufacturing locations, VSM event review, prepares status updates for corporate review. Implement Lean Manufacturing throughout SBU.
- Act as the representative in residence to represent the remote manufacturing locations in business policy development. Remove barriers between the remote locations and aids in developing effective communications. Develop a process to identify “best practices” throughout the SBU as it applies to manufacturing. Look for opportunities to standardize processes, policies, organization structure within all manufacturing locations.
- Review project selection and progress, provide direction on types of projects, collect and communicate the results, prepare updates for corporate review, work with finance to insure the savings are genuine, and to incorporate the information into business plans. Develop and implement a CIP program that meets or exceeds business goals.
- Engage in training, coaching, selection and development of effective leaders and teams in manufacturing, materials, quality, and manufacturing engineering. Perform organization assessments and conduct performance reviews with developmental plans. Insure that developmental/ training programs are in place.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Manufacturing engineering, operations, lean methodologies, continuous improvement (quality), financial understanding and a reasonable level of technical product knowledge are required. Experience in a tier one or two automotive supplier desirable.
- Must be able to make decisions that affect the SBU’s business and it’s future.
- Must to be self-motivated and stay current with state-of-the-art manufacturing methodologies which can add value to CTS.
- Planning needs to be done on a strategic basis.
- Needs to be able to communicate well, verbally and written
- Presentations are required to customers and Corporate officers.
- This is a highly visible position, must be able to coach and mentor others. Self-awareness is important along with understanding the impact of behavior on others.
- Must be able to travel internationally, 50% estimated travel.
Education and Experience
- B.S. degree in engineering or business management. M.S. in engineering or other technical discipline or MBA desirable.
- Minimum of 4 years of manufacturing experience at the executive level. Minimum 8 years experience with production and materials management.
- Prior experience with site profit and loss management.
- Ability to work several hours at a computer.
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) as needed.
Standard office environment.