CTS Corporation (NYSE: CTS) founded in 1896, is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of sensors, actuators, and electronic components. Our growth strategy includes initiatives related to ongoing new product introductions, broadening of our customer base, geographic market expansion, and targeting strategic acquisitions that add shareholder value.
We have operations located throughout North America, Asia, and Europe.
Our products are well-designed, reliable, and consistently deliver as promised. We recognize that people drive the technology that has made us a vibrant and thriving company for over one hundred years. Our people have shaped the diversification of our highly engineered products and services, which continues to be the backbone of our success and commitment to excellence.
- Join an organization rich in history that continues to be innovative
- Work with global leaders and colleagues
- Have the ability to make a significant impact on the organization
Responsible for global execution of RF sensor product development activities of the Strategic Business Unit (SBU). Coordinates the creation, development, design and launch of SBU products in conformance with established procedures and SBU objectives. Globally manages direct and cross-functional resources to support execution of projects. Responsible for RF Sensing Technology and Product Roadmaps. Responsible for technical and strategic inputs in the RF Sensing Product Line Strategy. Works with other Business functions to deliver highest quality products at the right price, at the right time.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Primary CTS External technical interface for RF Sensing Systems in Diesel Emission Systems - Customer, Market, Industry Associations, etc.
- Primary CTS Internal technical interface for RF Sensing in Diesel Emission Systems
- Managerial oversight of direct resources as well as cross functional groups
- Maintain/Update RF Sensing Systems Technology Roadmaps
- Define and execute product plans including budget, timing, and resources in support of Technology, Product, and SBU Strategic initiatives
- Career development for direct RF Sensing System resources. Ensure that necessary skills are available to execute product development activities. Develop individuals’ skills and competencies by planning effective developmental activities related to current and future assignments.
- Operate departments within approved budget/forecast. Recommend actions to adjust forecasted spending based on changes in market conditions.
- Work with Process and Manufacturing Engineering to improve the robustness and manufacturability of new products utilizing Design for Manufacture and Assembly techniques.
- Coordinate activities with Sales, Purchasing, Supplier Development, Supplier Quality, and Operations to execute new programs as well as support activities related to in-production products.
- Manage the innovation process as it relates to RF Sensing in order to generate intellectual property to safeguard CTS’ business case with patent protection.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience leading and supervising a cross-functional teams.
- Solid understanding of Diesel Emission Systems and related components and sensors (e.g., SCR, DPF, DEF, DOC) required.
- Automotive/transportation industry experience required, commercial vehicle industry required.
- Experience managing globally-resourced teams.
- Experience in product development and validation for high volume applications such as automotive, ground transportation, or aerospace.
- Working knowledge and understanding of CAD/CAE, FEA, FMEA, DFMA, Lean Methodologies, TS16949, DOE, MSWord, MS Excel, Visio, and MS Project are beneficial.
- Self-motivated and results orientated, proactive with outstanding planning and follow up skills
- Capable of managing and prioritizing multiple projects/tasks.
- Able to communicate and write effectively, resulting in a clear understanding of the issues.
- Ability to lead effective communication internally as well as with CTS customers, suppliers and industry trade associations.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed (up to 25% on average).
Education and Experience
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering with Electronic circuit, wireless communication engineering or mechanical related focus) and 10+ years of experience required. Graduate Degree in a technical field preferred (minimum of 8+ years of experience).
- RF technology is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with engine or emissions system testing, basic understanding of engine dynamometer and vehicle test processes.
- Understanding of the working principle of engine and experience working on-site at a customer with engine or vehicle testing preferred.
- Ability to work several hours at a computer.
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) as needed.
- Standard office environment.
CTS Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer who complies with all applicable federal, state and local employment laws. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CTS Corporation will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. It has been and shall continue to be both the official policy and the commitment of CTS Corporation to further equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of, among other characteristics, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We fully comply with all applicable Department of Labor and EEOC rules, regulations, guidelines, and orders including but not limited to Executive Order 11246 and 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4, 60-250.5(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). The parties hereby incorporate the requirements of 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4(a)(7), 29 C.F.R. Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A, 41 C.F.R. § 60-300.5(a) and 41 C.F.R. § 60-741.5(a), if applicable. Except where prohibited by law, all offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a background check and drug screening.
Applicant must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US.
No agencies please.