At CTS Corporation, we are at the forefront of technology, delivering innovative sensing, connectivity and motion solutions to enable an intelligent, seamless world and better tomorrow. We are a leading designer and manufacturer of sensors, actuators and electronic components in a variety of markets from medical to automotive, with four global designer centers and nearly 5,000 employees.
We are adding to our staff and have positions available in our Malden, MA Innovation Center. This CTS location focuses on new technologies and bringing them through the pre-production stages of development. Located on Boston’s north side, this site offers urban living and entertainment opportunities. It is near the nation’s leading universities and a short drive to downtown Boston, opening all the possibilities of world class arts, entertainment and professional sports.
Leading the way takes more than talent: it takes great people who are passionate, creative and collaborative. People who are innovators and maintain the highest standards in safety and quality. If this sounds like you, we invite you to look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
CTS Corporation, Sensor and Mechatronics group is currently seeking an RF Application Engineer to join the RF Engineering group working out of the Malden, MA facility. This position will be needed to support our RF Sensor applications including working on the specification reviews for potential customers, debug and troubleshoot issues for the current customers, RF data processing and calibration, responsible for developing Internal testing, validation, etc. This position will also provide technical support for RF product development, ensure the cost, timing and performance objectives are met for assigned projects. This position will support a worldwide market: North America, Europe, China, Korea and Japan.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Coordinate customer requirements and timing with internal RF development teams to insure customer expectations are met.
- Communicate with customer to introduce our product and understand the needs of the customer. Lead and manage the customer negotiations regarding the specifications of the products to be designed and define the functional specifications based on the customer requirements, participate in the customer presentations of the developed products.
- Provide technical support to customer, either on-site at the customer’s facility or remotely. Lead sensor setup, installation, troubleshooting, and periodic updates. Assist customer with sensor calibration and testing, including emissions system integration, test procedures, best practices, and engine dynamometer and vehicle testing.
- Work with global RF team to do RF sensor calibration analysis and development activities.
- Work with Global RF team to develop internal tests for RF sensors.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Electronic circuit, wireless communication engineering or mechanical related education background is preferred.
- Previous experience with engine or emissions system testing, basic understanding of engine dynamometer and vehicle test processes.
- Basic understanding of automotive CAN communications, setup, and data collection.
- Demonstrated ability to setup and troubleshoot electronic and mechanical systems.
- Several years’ background and experience working on-site at a customer doing engine or vehicle testing.
- Proficient in Matlab/Octave or other scientific computing software. Experience in data processing with Matlab or mathematical modeling and simulation will be an advantage.
- Understand the working principle of engine and emission system.
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Travel as needed, averaging 25% (domestic/global).
Education and Experience
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree required. Graduate degree a plus.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience.
- Automotive/transportation industry experience and experience with sensor modules is strongly preferred.
- Commercial vehicle industry experience and understanding of Diesel emission systems (DPF, SCR, etc.) desired.
- Ability to work several hours at a computer.
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) as needed.
- Standard office environment.
- Extended periods in manufacturing or engine/vehicle test environment.