Prepares factory production schedules and expedites material to support schedules. Works closely with purchasing, foundry, engineering and quality for delivery commitments, schedule changes and drop in orders. Develops production schedules to support sipping schedules, sales and inventory plans. Works with planning, engineering and manufacturing to support implementation of new products and product changes/crossovers.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Prepares schedules based on work orders and customer orders.
- Works closely with purchasing and other departments to prepare schedules and coordinate scheduling issues. Identify risk factors to executing production schedule and resolves issues or reschedules if necessary.
- Develops weekly production schedules.
- Coordinates and reports material cycle counts according to the schedules. Maintains low inventory levels to support lean manufacturing plans.
- Coordinates production reporting and reports performance.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Education and Experience
- Must be knowledgeable of Materials Requirements Planning techniques and manufacturing control systems.
- Must possess product knowledge and understand the manufacturing process.
- Demonstrated abilities to write technical documentation procedures, excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and integrate Intermediate and lower level project schedules for incorporation into the Program Master Schedule.
- Capable of identifying project level schedule disconnects, taking action by calling meetings with required functions/personnel to negotiate actions necessary for effective resolution.
- Ability to work independently, in a team environment and across functions. Coordinate the appropriate allocation of resources to meet project goals.
- Requires excellent time management and prioritization skills to effectively react to and anticipate the needs of the business.
- BA/BS degree in Industrial Engineering, Production Operations Management/Materials Management or related field (or a combination of formal education, training, and experience).
- 4 – 6 years of production scheduling, inventory control, purchasing or related experience required.
- Must have worked on a lean manufacturing environment and must have a good working knowledge of master scheduling and production planning fundamentals.
- Professional certification/affiliation (i.e. APICS, CPIM) desirable and preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish desirable.
- 3 + SAP experience desirable and preferred.
Involves a combination of confined sitting and walking.
Required to use a computer monitor requiring good near vision.
Use of protective eye wear and other devices required.
Occasional exposure to noise, odor, dust and chemicals.