At CTS Corporation, we are at the forefront of technology, delivering innovative sensing, connectivity and motion solutions to enable an intelligent, seamless world and better tomorrow. We are a leading designer and manufacturer of sensors, actuators and electronic components in a variety of markets from medical to automotive, with four global designer centers and nearly 5,000 employees.
We are rapidly expanding and have positions available in our two Chicago area Design Centers, Lisle and Elkhart. Our Northern Indiana Elkhart Design Center has among the lowest cost of living in the nation with the option of suburban or urban living. Our Lisle Illinois Design Center on Chicago’s west side offers Suburban or Urban living. Both are close proximity to the nation’s leading universities and a short drive to downtown Chicago, opening up all the possibilities of world class arts, entertainment and professional sports.
Leading the way take more than talent: it takes great people who are passionate, creative and collaborative. People who are innovators and maintain the highest standards in safety and quality. If this sounds like you, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
This position will provide technical product design expertise to the new product development team. Job duties include the conception, documentation and presentation or analysis of new design ideas which improve efficiencies, reduce product costs, improve product performance and satisfy customer needs.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for product design engineering and / or analysis support of product series in development and currently in production phase
- Develop, test, and launch actuators into production
- Ensure the cost, timing, and performance objectives are met for assigned projects and provide product training to other engineers and technicians
- Participate in benchmarking and analysis of competitive products/technologies.
- Ensures adequate technical communications (e.g. meetings, oral reports, technical reports) with CTS personnel, management, suppliers and customers.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of automotive industry, procedures/system e.g. Statistical analysis, IATF-16949, FMEA, change control systems, product development processes, etc.
- Understanding of cause and effect relationships that will provide the skill to identify and solve problems using tools such as FTA, 8-D, 5-why analysis, etc.
- Self-motivated and results orientated, proactive with outstanding planning and follow up skills.
- Capable of managing and prioritizing multiple projects/tasks.
- Able to communicate and write effectively resulting in a clear understanding of the issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively internally as well as with CTS customers and suppliers.
- Ability and willingness to travel when needed
Education and Experience
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of applicable experience.
- CAD experience required (SolidEdge preferred).
- Mechanical engineering background with understanding of gear train, bearings & structure for actuators highly desired.
- Harsh environment electronics experience (-40 to 150C with high vibration) desired.
- Automotive industry experience and experience with mechatronic modules is strongly preferred.
- Commercial vehicle industry experience and understanding of Diesel air handling systems (VGT Turbo, EGR, etc.) desired.
- Experience with MSOffice (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) required.
- Ability to work several hours at a computer.
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) as needed (under 10%).
CTS Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer who complies with all applicable federal, state and local employment laws. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CTS Corporation will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. It has been and shall continue to be both the official policy and the commitment of CTS Corporation to further equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of, among other characteristics, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
- Standard office environment.
We fully comply with all applicable Department of Labor and EEOC rules, regulations, guidelines, and orders including but not limited to Executive Order 11246 and 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4, 60-250.5(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). The parties hereby incorporate the requirements of 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4(a)(7), 29 C.F.R. Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A, 41 C.F.R. § 60-300.5(a) and 41 C.F.R. § 60-741.5(a), if applicable. Except where prohibited by law, all offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a background check and drug screening.
Applicant must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US.
No agencies please.