Responsible for developing and implementing account sales strategy on regional and global basis (where appropriate) for profitable revenue growth. Coordinate and facilitate communication both internally to CTS and externally with the accounts. Create and maintain relationships at all levels of account including senior management through working level contacts in purchasing, engineering, quality, and other support areas. Be the voice of the customer to ensure accounts are properly resourced and responded to in areas of product development, program management, delivery and quality.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Respond to, coordinate, and lead all internal and external activities associated with assigned accounts. This would include new business generation, application understanding, quoting, sampling, meeting coordination, and negotiating contracts to ensure profitable growth of new and existing products. As needed, ensure CTS organization is responding to general customer service requirements including quality, delivery, and program management.
- At assigned accounts, develop and maintain strategic relationships at various levels within the organization.
- Develop sales forecasts at assigned accounts to support the business planning process.
- Understand customer applications and problem opportunities and how CTS can provide that solution either with existing products or new product development.
- Work with both product development and advanced engineering to position CTS for future technologies
- Develop, communicate, and implement customer growth strategies at assigned accounts.
- Provide market intelligence on competitive activities to aid CTS in customer strategy development and overall market understanding
- Provide market intelligence on customer trends and market trends as needed by CTS.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Complete understanding of the products and technologies.
- Strong account management, negotiation, and sales skills.
- Sound decision making ability based on objective data gathering consistent with CTS goals and objectives.
- Must be a self-starter, results oriented, and have a passion for finding new opportunities.
- Must have good time-management and planning skills.
- Proficient in both written and oral communication. Strong ability to create and deliver presentations.
- Must be able to lead individuals and teams in the organization to meet customer requirements in the most cost-effective manner.
- Willingness and ability to travel to customers.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Education and Experience
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree (BS Engineering) with a minimum of five years of technical account management experience OR Bachelor’s Degree (non-Engineering) with a minimum of seven years of technical account management experience. Engineering degree and automotive technical account management highly desired.
- Ability to work several hours at a computer
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) as needed
CTS Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer who complies with all applicable federal, state and local employment laws. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CTS Corporation will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. It has been and shall continue to be both the official policy and the commitment of CTS Corporation to further equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of, among other characteristics, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
- Standard office environment
We fully comply with all applicable Department of Labor and EEOC rules, regulations, guidelines, and orders including but not limited to Executive Order 11246 and 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4, 60-250.5(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). The parties hereby incorporate the requirements of 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4(a)(7), 29 C.F.R. Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A, 41 C.F.R. § 60-300.5(a) and 41 C.F.R. § 60-741.5(a), if applicable. Except where prohibited by law, all offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a background check and drug screening.
Applicant must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US.
No agencies please.