At CTS Corporation, we are at the forefront of technology, delivering innovative sensing, connectivity and motion solutions to enable an intelligent, seamless world and better tomorrow. We are a leading designer and manufacturer of sensors, actuators and electronic components in a variety of markets from medical to automotive, with four global designer centers and nearly 5,000 employees.
We are rapidly expanding and have positions available in our two Chicago area Design Centers, Lisle and Elkhart. Our Northern Indiana Elkhart Design Center has among the lowest cost of living in the nation with the option of suburban or urban living. Our Lisle Illinois Design Center on Chicago’s west side offers Suburban or Urban living. Both are close proximity to the nation’s leading universities and a short drive to downtown Chicago, opening up all the possibilities of world class arts, entertainment and professional sports.
Leading the way take more than talent: it takes great people who are passionate, creative and collaborative. People who are innovators and maintain the highest standards in safety and quality. If this sounds like you, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
This position will provide new product development and project launch leadership for multiple projects across multiple OEM’s, serve as a leader of a multi-disciplinary team, ensure the cost timing and performance objectives are met for assigned projects and provide training to other engineers and technicians.
- Manage a team of engineers to ensure Product Development Process (PDP) activities are completed on time and in a satisfactory manner.
- Work with Program Management to define project costs and timing. Support cost tracking to ensure budgets are maintained. Adjust resource allocations as-needed to ensure best cost-to-value ratio is maintained.
- Directly work with OEMs as the lead voice of the engineering team for projects. Ensure that customer requirements are properly and thoroughly understood.
- Efficiently and effectively communicate with global teams across various disciplines.
- Provide candid, clear, and non-emotional feedback to employees to aid in their development.
- Minimum of 3 years of Automotive experience, 5 or more years preferred.
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree.
- Automotive Quality Standards experience.
- Ability to use Microsoft office required.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of automotive industry procedures/systems, e.g., IATF-16949, APQP, FMEA, change control processes, etc.
- Thorough understanding of cause and effect relationships that will provide the skill to identify and solve problems using tools such as FTA, 8-D, 5-why analysis, etc.
- Self-motivated and results orientated, proactive with outstanding planning and follow up skills.
- Capable of managing and prioritizing multiple projects/tasks.
- Able to communicate and write effectively resulting in a clear understanding of the issues.
- Ability to lead effective communication internally as well as with CTS customers and suppliers.
- External customer management experience.
CTS Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer who complies with all applicable federal, state and local employment laws. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CTS Corporation will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. It has been and shall continue to be both the official policy and the commitment of CTS Corporation to further equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of, among other characteristics, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
- DFMEA and/or DRBFM experience.
- Familiarity with high volume production, test and validation of products.
- Prior management experience.
We fully comply with all applicable Department of Labor and EEOC rules, regulations, guidelines, and orders including but not limited to Executive Order 11246 and 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4, 60-250.5(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). The parties hereby incorporate the requirements of 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4(a)(7), 29 C.F.R. Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A, 41 C.F.R. § 60-300.5(a) and 41 C.F.R. § 60-741.5(a), if applicable. Except where prohibited by law, all offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a background check and drug screening.
Applicant must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US.
No agencies please.