As the Director, Global Product Management, you will oversee the product strategy, vision, roadmap, and lifecycle of the CTS EC (Electronic Components) business unit product portfolio globally. Defines and drives the business plan, short- and long-term growth strategy and positioning of the company’s products in the market. Directs the end-to-end leadership of new and existing products from inception through all phases of the products’ lifecycle. This role will manage a team and is inherently cross-functional working closely with engineering, design, operations, finance and executive teams to bring features to market to develop and grow business opportunities for CTS. The location for this position will be out of our corporate headquarters in Lisle, IL.
- Responsible for strategic market initiatives including market problems, win/loss analysis, distinctive competence, competitive landscape, and technology assessment.
- Manage strategy including market definition, distribution, product portfolio, and product roadmap.
- Accountable for the business plan, pricing, buy/build/partner, product profitability and innovation oversight.
- Oversee planning and positioning, buying process, buyer personas, user personas, requirements, user scenarios, and status dashboards.
- Managing product line profitability, tracking budget, revenue, and profitability, reports, and metrics.
- Manages, develops, and implements product marketing activities to maximize sales of an assigned product line in the international market.
- Plans activities to secure implementation of sustainable and profitable product line improvements.
- Responsible for an in-depth understanding of products, value to target customers and ability to translate value into marketing, promotional, and training materials for global marketing colleagues.
- Lead the development of competitive products through strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis. Ongoing competitive assessments to identify regional and global market trends for development, long-term forecasting, business planning, monitoring competitive landscape, updates to marketing & promotional materials, and business leaders supporting product/field related issues.
- Significant global, cross-functional interaction and project management leadership are required across the organization with global sales, engineering, manufacturing, sourcing, and other functions.
- Lead a team of direct reports, leading by example and ensuring the integrity of the team.
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing or Business required graduate degree preferred.
- 10+ years of Management experience required with 5+ years in a highly technical industry, 3+ years leading global strategies.
- Excellent MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to create an assessment from market data and translate them into strategic initiatives.
- Experience leading cross-functional global teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines.
- Experience with Lean and Six Sigma processes a plus.
- Strong project management skills (planning, budgeting, and managing).
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team with multiple examples of executing product development projects.
- Solid track record of people and project leadership skills, including working cross-functionally.
- Ability to build informal project teams (manage the matrix) to accomplish tasks.
- Strong analytical capability & creative problem solving where problems are broad & complex.
- Financial acumen; basic financial statement knowledge.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
CTS Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer who complies with all applicable federal, state and local employment laws. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CTS Corporation will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. It has been and shall continue to be both the official policy and the commitment of CTS Corporation to further equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of, among other characteristics, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
- The ability to proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
- Proven experience of creating buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners.
- Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision.
- Global awareness, ability to manage and communicate across boundaries and adapt culturally.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
- Ability to effectively plan and set priorities. Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel to other CTS locations as required, the job requires domestic and international travel (up to 30%).
- Develop and implement efficient tools and processes to streamline projects.
We fully comply with all applicable Department of Labor and EEOC rules, regulations, guidelines, and orders including but not limited to Executive Order 11246 and 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4, 60-250.5(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). The parties hereby incorporate the requirements of 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4(a)(7), 29 C.F.R. Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A, 41 C.F.R. § 60-300.5(a) and 41 C.F.R. § 60-741.5(a), if applicable. Except where prohibited by law, all offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a background check and drug screening.
Applicant must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US.
No agencies please.