Director, Environmental Health & Safety
Responsible for creation, development, and maintenance of an effective Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) program for the Corporation’s global operations and serve as the EHS leader for corporate headquarters and manufacturing location responsible for day-to-day EHS management. The Director, EHS will also manage a portfolio of legacy environmental sites. The position will be based at the Corporation’s headquarters in Lisle, Illinois. Plant level EHS professionals will indirectly support this corporate role. Significant travel required.
- Develop, implement, and maintain all EHS programs, policies and procedures necessary for compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, including all reporting obligations;
- Lead and build a positive safety culture;
- Lead and coach employees on interpretation and administration of EHS policies and procedures;
- Provide EHS technical expertise, including industrial hygiene and safety engineering services;
- Monitor and maintain up-to-date knowledge of EHS requirements applicable to the Corporation’s operations, including assessment of the applicability and impact of new requirements, and communicate changes as required;
- Lead, develop, implement, and maintain appropriate training for the Corporation’s EHS programs; and
- Lead, develop, implement and maintain the Corporation’s EHS audit program;
- Coordinating and responding to corporate sustainability reporting requests; and
- Manage legacy remediation sites in the US, including oversight of clean-up and external consultants, negotiation with environmental authorities as necessary, selection and implementation of cost-effective remediation solutions, achievement of remedial objectives, and associated internal and external reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering; Environmental Safety; Industrial Hygiene or related technical field and 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing required;
- Master’s degree and/or 7+ years equivalent work experience preferred;
- Certified Industrial Hygiene (CIH), Certified Safety Professionals (CSP), Certified Health Professional (CHP), or Professional Engineer (PE) certification preferred;
- Strong project management skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate EHS issues to senior management;
- Experience with implementing and maintaining effective EHS systems and adding operational value through efficiency or process improvement;
- Experience with implementation of environmental management systems, including familiarity with international standards such as ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001;
- Ability to travel in the U.S. and internationally (expected +50%);
- Demonstrated leadership skills; and
- Full appreciation of the strategic implications of the role for achievement of the Corporation’s objections.
CTS Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer who complies with all applicable federal, state and local employment laws. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CTS Corporation will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. It has been and shall continue to be both the official policy and the commitment of CTS Corporation to further equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of, among other characteristics, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We fully comply with all applicable Department of Labor and EEOC rules, regulations, guidelines, and orders including but not limited to Executive Order 11246 and 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4, 60-250.5(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). The parties hereby incorporate the requirements of 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4(a)(7), 29 C.F.R. Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A, 41 C.F.R. § 60-300.5(a) and 41 C.F.R. § 60-741.5(a), if applicable. Except where prohibited by law, all offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a background check and drug screening.
Applicant must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US.
No agencies please.