THIS POSITION CAN BE BASED IN LISLE, IL OR ELKHART, IN with travel as requested to either location.
The HR Generalist serves as a member of the HR team, supporting the Sensors & Mechatronics SBU at our Elkhart, IN Technology Center. This position will be responsible for managing all day-to-day HR-related activities for this location, along with supporting the Engineering team in Lisle, IL. In addition, this position will have responsibility for full life-cycle recruitment for Engineering.
HR Generalist Activities
- Acts as primary point of contact for managers and employees on all human resources related items.
- Ensures a positive employee relations environment through strong relationships at all levels of the organization. Conducts internal investigations and advises management of findings and required actions to resolve any employee relations problems.
- Works with the event committee, develops recommendations and coordinates employee activities to maintain a positive work environment and morale.
- Handles all administrative tasks for onboarding, new hire orientation, exit interviews, terminations, promotions, transfers, unemployment claims, verification of employment, etc.
- Enters and maintains employee data into HRIS databases and audits for accuracy and compliance.
- Navigates managers through key employee actions such as documentation of performance reviews, corrective actions, compensation recommendations, and development of internal talent.
- Assists in the communication, interpretation, development and upkeep of company policies, programs and organizational charts.
- Partner with Corporate HR to communicate, administer and implement HR related programs and initiatives in the assigned location.
- Completes regular reports and metrics as required (e.g., headcount, overtime, attendance, payroll, turnover & retention, OSHA, etc.).
- Administers and manages leave programs such as FMLA, Worker’s Compensation, etc.
- Tracks and processes visa sponsorships.
- Administers, interprets and complies with federal, state and local employment laws, as well as company policies and procedures.
- Develops and deploys sourcing strategies for each job opening to include researching companies, database mining, internet research, LinkedIn and other social media prospecting, networking, professional associations and referral generation.
- Posts positions on internal and external career sites and as needed with paid job boards.
- Screens candidates to include technical fit for the position and culture fit for the team and the company, delivering a pipeline of qualified candidates to the hiring manager for assigned requisitions.
- Communicates consistently with HR and hiring manager regarding challenges, expectations and progress of all openings.
- Coordinates interview and assessment schedules. Ensures a positive candidate experience.
- Handles coordinating activities of the engineering internship / co-op program. Partners with Engineering to ensure successful execution of the program.
- Negotiates, communicates and prepares offers. Facilitates background check and drug screens.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field is required
- 2 - 3 years of progressive HR experience including at least 2 years of recruiting, preferably in Engineering.
- Demonstrated experience working through all aspects of the candidate and employee life cycle.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Excel skills. Experience with HRIS and Payroll systems.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
CTS Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer who complies with all applicable federal, state and local employment laws. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CTS Corporation will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. It has been and shall continue to be both the official policy and the commitment of CTS Corporation to further equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of, among other characteristics, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
- Ability to balance the needs of the business and the needs of the employees simultaneously.
- Ability to identify a problem, evaluate a situation and make informed and effective decisions based on information from multiple perspectives.
- Strong work ethic, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple initiatives that deliver business results. (results vs. activity). Analytical and inquisitive.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and is willing to take a stand and push back when necessary.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to successfully manage multiple activities/initiatives at one time.
- Ability to learn technical and business concepts and to use them effectively in the candidate search process.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations affecting HR (ex. FMLA, EEOC, OSHA, etc.).
- Knowledge of contemporary HR processes and manufacturing processes, including Continuous Improvement mindset.
We fully comply with all applicable Department of Labor and EEOC rules, regulations, guidelines, and orders including but not limited to Executive Order 11246 and 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4, 60-250.5(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). The parties hereby incorporate the requirements of 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4(a)(7), 29 C.F.R. Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A, 41 C.F.R. § 60-300.5(a) and 41 C.F.R. § 60-741.5(a), if applicable. Except where prohibited by law, all offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a background check and drug screening.
Applicant must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US.
No agencies please.