At CTS Corporation, we are at the forefront of technology, delivering innovative sensing, connectivity and motion solutions to enable an intelligent, seamless world and better tomorrow. We are a leading designer and manufacturer of sensors, actuators and electronic components in a variety of markets from medical to automotive, with four global designer centers and nearly 5,000 employees.
We are rapidly expanding and have positions available in our two Chicago area Design Centers, Lisle and Elkhart. Our Northern Indiana Elkhart Design Center has among the lowest cost of living in the nation with the option of suburban or urban living. Our Lisle Illinois Design Center on Chicago’s west side offers Suburban or Urban living. Both are close proximity to the nation’s leading universities and a short drive to downtown Chicago, opening up all the possibilities of world class arts, entertainment and professional sports.
Leading the way take more than talent: it takes great people who are passionate, creative and collaborative. People who are innovators and maintain the highest standards in safety and quality. If this sounds like you, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Key responsibilities include developing and supporting the global deployment of product testing and support systems for laboratory and high volume manufacturing lines.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Implement and maintain well-disciplined engineering workflows for test system / support system development, deployment, and change control.
- Develop world-class solutions that automate product testing and support other critical manufacturing functions
- Ability to take ownership of large tasks and/or projects with little or no assistance from others
- Leads design, documentation, and code reviews
- Follow industry best practice norms to ensure robust software design
- Excellent problem solving, team play, and interpersonal communication skills are essential
- Anticipate system needs, identify problems, think creatively and methodically develop software solutions
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven experience with .Net (including VB.Net and/or C#), VB6, and other programming languages is required
- Experience with LabVIEW preferred
- Experience with National Instruments data acquisition test instrumentation preferred
- Knowledge of bus technologies such as GPIB, RS-232, and USB required
- Experience developing and validating test equipment for product validation including performance testing over changing environmental conditions required
- Experience developing solutions for high volume manufacturing lines required
- Experience with CAN/J1939 preferred
- Experience with Python scripting language preferred
- Experience with Git or equivalent preferred
- Knowledge of FMEA preferred
- Knowledge of TS16949 & ISO 26262 preferred
- Experience working with a demanding, fast paced manufacturing environment is preferred
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, technology or related field
- 5+ years of experience in software development and database management for manufacturing applications required
- Ability to work several hours at a computer
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) as needed
- Standard office environment
- Extended periods in manufacturing or test lab environment
CTS Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer who complies with all applicable federal, state and local employment laws. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CTS Corporation will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. It has been and shall continue to be both the official policy and the commitment of CTS Corporation to further equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of, among other characteristics, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We fully comply with all applicable Department of Labor and EEOC rules, regulations, guidelines, and orders including but not limited to Executive Order 11246 and 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4, 60-250.5(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). The parties hereby incorporate the requirements of 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4(a)(7), 29 C.F.R. Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A, 41 C.F.R. § 60-300.5(a) and 41 C.F.R. § 60-741.5(a), if applicable. Except where prohibited by law, all offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a background check and drug screening.
No agencies please.