Senior Powder Process Engineer
Under the direction of the Ceramic Process Engineering Manager:
- Leads and directs the monitoring and troubleshooting of manufacturing processes to maintain product yields and quality. Develop factory SPC and Lean initiatives. Utilization of an array of continuous improvement tools (DOE, DMAIC, Six Sigma, Green Belt) and general statistical analysis methods will be required. Train others on the proper use of these techniques both in the form or oral communication and documentation.
- Recommends and implements lean processes and products that improve manufacturing capabilities, efficiencies, yields, and quality. A resource for the design, optimization, launch, and manufacturing of product or process issues to further optimize products for manufacturability, cycle time, cost reductions, and transfer offshore. Represent production in design reviews and FSA (final ship acceptance).
- Provides technical leadership to technicians, lower level engineers, and operators.
- Reports and interfaces process and project status and progress to management in oral and written communications. Also, interfaces with suppliers, and customers.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving ceramic manufacturing processes with emphasis on pzt ceramic formulation, batching, spray dry, pressing, and sintering.
- Uses their technical knowledge and ingenuity to resolve complex problems and provides technical leadership for their area of responsibility.
- Works independently and periodically report status to engineering management and plant manufacturing management.
- Minimum BS in Ceramic Engineering, Materials Engineering, Materials Science, or related discipline/experience.
- Prior 3 years of experience in ceramic processing preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of ceramic manufacturing.
- Ability to analyze and identify problems, develop appropriate solutions and implement with available resources to complete complex assignments.
- Ability to proactively develop new ideas/methodologies for continuous improvement.
- Ability to interacts with other professional staff throughout the organization.
CTS Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer who complies with all applicable federal, state and local employment laws. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CTS Corporation will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. It has been and shall continue to be both the official policy and the commitment of CTS Corporation to further equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of, among other characteristics, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We fully comply with all applicable Department of Labor and EEOC rules, regulations, guidelines, and orders including but not limited to Executive Order 11246 and 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4, 60-250.5(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). The parties hereby incorporate the requirements of 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4(a)(7), 29 C.F.R. Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A, 41 C.F.R. § 60-300.5(a) and 41 C.F.R. § 60-741.5(a), if applicable. Except where prohibited by law, all offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a background check and drug screening.
Applicant must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US.
No agencies please.