This position will own and lead CTS’s Continuous Improvement Transformation. A global initiative across all Business Units. As part of this initiative, the Director will work closely with the senior leaders of the company to define and develop the CTS Lean Operating System and will be responsible for driving culture change through process excellence.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Define and develop the CTS Lean Operating System and serve as the business change agent leading process improvement initiatives which will enable the organization to reach the next level of operational excellence.
- This position will identify areas of potential improvement and work with Business Units and location leads to realize the improvement potential by using tools that include Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, 5S, Visual & Daily Management, Standard Work, Pull Systems and Design for Lean Six Sigma across all functional areas within the global organization
- Work with other leaders to deploy the appropriate safety, quality, cost, delivery and people metrics at all levels of the organization.
- Instill a problem solving and continuous improvement culture on-site and in related areas of the company.
- Drive planning, development, coordination, support, and execution of high impact (immediate and long term) improvement plans for effective and sustainable cost-saving initiatives.
- Develop and deploy robust training programs for best practices and the use of continuous improvement process tools.
- Create and deploy dynamic reporting platforms to capture the benefits desired.
- Strong influencing and persuasion skills, with the ability to effectively motivate cross-functional, virtual teams, and lead or delegate as required ensuring achievement of team and project objectives
- Outstanding time management skills, able to work under pressure and organize and prioritize a busy workload in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Proven leadership skills to align, motivate and empower team members
- Demonstrated experience facilitating, influencing and leading projects, along with driving discussion remotely
- Ability to work within established timelines, in a fast-paced environment
- Strategic perspective and be capable of synthesizing information and prior experience, from multiple sources
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional environment
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Broad cross-functional leadership with experience interacting across several functional disciplines
- Demonstrated success driving effective change and improvements across the organization
- Excellent understanding of continuous improvement concepts including Six Sigma, Lean, value stream mapping
- Ability to set-up, facilitate and lead improvement sessions with a range of business stakeholders (incl. Experience of process/value stream mapping)
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex arguments with clarity
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including Project, Visio, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience of hands-on implementation of continuous improvement programs and Lean solutions
- Expertise working with SAP preferred
- A proven track record of success in managing, mentoring, coaching and team-building skills
- Excellent project management, financial and analytical skills
Education and Experience
- BS in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or supply chain (sciences, engineering, or related fields)
- Black belt, Six Sigma, and Lean expert certification required
- 10+ years of continuous improvement, with experience in Lean (CI) deployments and leadership alignment and direction-setting
- Must follow applicable safety instructions in specified areas of the building (safety glasses, hearing protection).
- Ability to work several hours at a computer.
- Ability to travel domestically and globally as needed (approximately 25-50%).
CTS Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer who complies with all applicable federal, state and local employment laws. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CTS Corporation will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. It has been and shall continue to be both the official policy and the commitment of CTS Corporation to further equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of, among other characteristics, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
- Plant and office environment.
We fully comply with all applicable Department of Labor and EEOC rules, regulations, guidelines, and orders including but not limited to Executive Order 11246 and 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4, 60-250.5(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). The parties hereby incorporate the requirements of 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4(a)(7), 29 C.F.R. Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A, 41 C.F.R. § 60-300.5(a) and 41 C.F.R. § 60-741.5(a), if applicable. Except where prohibited by law, all offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a background check and drug screening.
Applicant must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US.
No agencies please.