The Global Quality Improvement & Systems Coordinator is responsible for maintaining and continually improving the Quality Management System of the business unit, working with global manufacturing and corporate sites to maintain IATF certification. The QIS coordinator will drive quality best practices and standardization throughout business unit, lead deployment and training of new processes and monitor site performance against key quality metrics.
- Provide leadership, coordination and oversight of the ISO9001/ IATF16949 Quality Management System including regulatory, statutory and customer specific requirements
- Function as lead auditor to manage internal audit system, schedule, results as well as provide training when needed
- Work with multiple sites globally to standardize adherence to quality best practices and process standards
- Document and data control administrator and/or monitor results for key quality processes and SharePoint sites such as:
- Global 8D (Problem Solving Database)
- Global Read Across
- Continual Improvement- Six Sigma Pipeline
- Internal Audit CAPA
- Document and data control administrator and/or monitor results for key quality processes and SharePoint Lead the utilization and application of basic problem solving (3x5 why), Lean, and 6 sigma tools and techniques to prioritize product and process improvements
- B.S in engineering required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially communication skills (oral and written), the ability to influence the behavior of peers and others outside the direct reporting line.
- ISO/IATF experience required and certified IATF auditor desired.
- Creative and innovative thinking. Ability to initiate, lead and sustain change.
- Strong data-driven decision-making skills. Six Sigma and/or Lean certification preferred.
- Ability to read and write English, multilingual preferred but not required (Spanish).
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, Minitab proficient preferred.
- Automotive experience and knowledge of requirements preferred (CAPA, PPAP, MSA, SPC, etc.)
- 5-10 years of experience in quality focused role (QE, Auditor, etc.)
- Must be willing to travel as needed (~10-20%) globally.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
CTS Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer who complies with all applicable federal, state and local employment laws. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CTS Corporation will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. It has been and shall continue to be both the official policy and the commitment of CTS Corporation to further equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of, among other characteristics, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
- Demonstrated success driving effective change and improvements across the organization
- Excellent understanding of continuous improvement concepts including Six Sigma, Lean, value stream mapping
- Broad cross-functional leadership with experience interacting across several functional disciplines
We fully comply with all applicable Department of Labor and EEOC rules, regulations, guidelines, and orders including but not limited to Executive Order 11246 and 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4, 60-250.5(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). The parties hereby incorporate the requirements of 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4(a)(7), 29 C.F.R. Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A, 41 C.F.R. § 60-300.5(a) and 41 C.F.R. § 60-741.5(a), if applicable. Except where prohibited by law, all offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a background check and drug screening.
Applicant must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US.
No agencies please.