Lead, direct and manage the SBU worldwide multi manufacturing operations with the highest focus on quality to attain corporate, business unit, product family, plant, and operations objectives. Developing and delivering a sustainable growth strategy, global standardization, and long-term footprint planning are key aspects to the success of the business unit. This will result in increased profitability and Return on Assets (ROA), optimized Working Capital and total customer satisfaction. Responsible for managing the cost improvement program for the SBU. Responsible for the safe production of products that meet and exceed all the customer’s requirements. Scope of responsibility includes all Sensors & Mechatronic manufacturing and logistics globally. Responsible for business unit strategies related to manufacturing, manufacturing engineering, global manufacturing footprint, service & low volume part strategy, materials, production tooling, logistics, and desired quality. Ensure cross functional alignment of global manufacturing locations strategy with strategic business plans. Maximize the utilization of business unit assets. Monitor, review, and improve related business unit performance indicators as defined and agreed to. Take on special assignments.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Contribute to business planning process, develop and communicate the manufacturing strategy, represent and drive manufacturing viewpoint into product design, ensure Design for Manufacturability (DFM) objectives are met prior to design freeze, drive manufacturing concept standardization in alignment with the design team, manufacturability and required technologies. Develop, lead, and implement business models for all global manufacturing locations that support current and future business strategies.
- Leads regular site and manufacturing KPI reviews.
- Leads and drives continuous improvement culture. Develops plans to implement state of the art Lean Manufacturing System (e.g. Toyota Manufacturing System TMS) throughout SBU. Prepares necessary reports for corporate reviews.
- Act as the representative in residence to represent the remote manufacturing locations in business policy development. Remove barriers between the remote locations and aids in developing effective communications across all functions globally. Develop a process to identify “best practices” throughout the SBU as it applies to manufacturing, supply chain and quality. Look for opportunities to standardize processes, policies, organization structure, and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) within all manufacturing locations.
- Review improvement and cost reduction project selection and progress in collaboration with cross functional team. Provide direction on types of projects, collect and communicate the results, prepare updates for corporate review, work with finance to ensure the savings are captured and evident. Collectively report on the data and information into business plan format. Develop and implement a Cost Improvement Program (CIP) that meets or exceeds business goals.
- Engage in training, coaching, selection, and development of effective leaders and their respective teams. Perform organization assessments and conduct performance reviews with developmental plans. Ensure that developmental/ training programs are in place.
- Represent Sensors & Mechatronic manufacturing & logistics in front of CTS and customer senior executive management.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Global production plant experience, manufacturing engineering, operations, lean methodologies, continuous improvement (quality), financial understanding, business acumen, and technical understanding are required. Experience within automotive desirable.
- Must be able to make decisions that affect the SBU’s business and its future.
- Must to be self-motivated and stay current with state-of-the-art manufacturing methodologies which can add value to CTS. Able to identify, lead, and drive necessary changes
- Planning needs to be done on a strategic basis.
- Needs to be able to communicate well, verbally and written.
- Presentations are required to customers and corporate officers.
- This is a highly visible position. Must be able to coach and mentor others. Self-awareness is important along with understanding the impact of behavior on others. Utilizes feedback to improve own leadership skills.
- Must be able to travel internationally, 50% estimated travel.
Education and Experience
- B.S. degree in an engineering, technical discipline or business management. M.S. in a technical discipline or MBA desirable.
- Minimum of 4 years of manufacturing experience at the executive level. Minimum 8 years experience with production and materials management.
- Experience in the automotive industry desirable.
- Ability to work several hours at a computer
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) as needed
- Standard office environment
CTS Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer who complies with all applicable federal, state and local employment laws. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CTS Corporation will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. It has been and shall continue to be both the official policy and the commitment of CTS Corporation to further equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of, among other characteristics, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We fully comply with all applicable Department of Labor and EEOC rules, regulations, guidelines, and orders including but not limited to Executive Order 11246 and 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4, 60-250.5(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). The parties hereby incorporate the requirements of 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4(a)(7), 29 C.F.R. Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A, 41 C.F.R. § 60-300.5(a) and 41 C.F.R. § 60-741.5(a), if applicable. Except where prohibited by law, all offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a background check and drug screening.
Applicant must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US.
No agencies, please.