A professional with multi-task abilities which will oversee the Warehouse operations including receiving, shipping, maintenance & other misc. activities. Responsible to ensure On Time Shipments following all customer guidelines & accuracy on financial transactions on inventory accuracy, good receipt, inventory accuracy, etc.
- Ensure an effective processing of customer shipments following customer guidelines
- Ensure all good receipts process is efficient without any financial risk
- Ensure the effective completion of the RMA process from customers
- Coordinate with Customer Service team all prioritization on customer shipments
- Provide paperwork to customers on all shipments as expected
- Manage the staffing, overtime and resources required to keep operation efficiently working
- Keep track of warehouse KPI’s on weekly basis in alignment with expectations
- Approve all Freight bills thru the SAP process
- Responsible to budget & execute all needed maintenance for warehouse including equipment
- Responsible to train & keep documentation on processes updated
- Responsible to manage any kind of internal or external audit on the warehouse
- Have close communication with Customer Service Reps, Materials Manager, Customs, Finance, HR or other functional areas in terms of risks, or issues that may impact CTS
- Coordinate physical inventory process as requested by CTS finance department
- Bachelor’s degree (Any area)
- +5 years of experience in warehouse / logistics
- +3 years of experience leading / supervising people within warehouse / logistics
- +3 years of experience within Automotive industry
- ERP systems knowledge (M2M, AS400, but preferably SAP)
- Computer skills (customer portals, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Forklift driver licensed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
CTS Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer who complies with all applicable federal, state and local employment laws. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CTS Corporation will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. It has been and shall continue to be both the official policy and the commitment of CTS Corporation to further equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of, among other characteristics, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
- Problem solving / root cause analysis knowledge
- Good people management, training skills
- Excellent communication skills (Spanish is a plus)
- Knowledge in logistics (inbound / outbound)
- Experience leading physical inventory processes including cycle count processes
We fully comply with all applicable Department of Labor and EEOC rules, regulations, guidelines, and orders including but not limited to Executive Order 11246 and 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4, 60-250.5(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). The parties hereby incorporate the requirements of 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4(a)(7), 29 C.F.R. Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A, 41 C.F.R. § 60-300.5(a) and 41 C.F.R. § 60-741.5(a), if applicable. Except where prohibited by law, all offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a background check and drug screening.
Applicant must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US.
No agencies please.