At CTS Corporation, we are at the forefront of technology, delivering innovative sensing, connectivity, and motion solutions to enable an intelligent, seamless world, and better tomorrow. We are a leading designer and manufacturer of sensors, actuators, and electronic components in a variety of markets from medical to automotive, with four global designer centers and nearly 3,500 employees. Leading the way takes more than talent: it takes great people who are passionate, creative, and collaborative. People who are innovators and maintain the highest standards in safety and quality. If this sounds like you, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to join our team.
We are rapidly expanding and have positions available in our two Chicago area Design Centers, Lisle, and Elkhart. Our Northern Indiana Elkhart Design Center has among the lowest cost of living in the nation with the option of suburban or urban living. Our Lisle Illinois Design Center on Chicago’s west side offers Suburban or Urban living. Both are close proximity to the nation’s leading universities and a short drive to downtown Chicago, opening up all the possibilities of world-class arts, entertainment, and professional sports.
Accountable for the successful execution of a variety of product development projects across (1) multiple products (2) multiple customers (3) different stages of development in accordance with the CTS Product Development Process (known as PDP).
Once assigned a project, the Program Manager will lead a cross functional team to execute it, ensuring that all customer requirements, CTS internal metrics (including financials) and critical dates are met.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Establish and communicate the project terms of reference (product definition, timing, budget, commercial targets etc.).
- Develop a project execution plan that defines what is needed and when, to successfully deliver the terms of reference (including funding, people and facilities) as well as identifying and mitigating potential execution risks.
- Lead globally located cross functional teams to deliver the execution plan. Ensure that a suitable cadence is established to manage the activities of the team.
- Ensure resources are available as required by the plan, to ensure successful program execution.
- Coordinate technical, quality and commercial engagements with the customer as appropriate.
- Assure “safe launch” to customer quality and delivery expectations, successfully delivering the project into volume production.
- Secure project funding based on the assumptions at the award of a customer project.
- Facilitate completion of appropriate requirements for prototype and production program deliverables.
- Manage scope creep, by updating and communicating the project terms of reference.
- Meet and beat project financial targets by tracking costs and facilitating margin improvement initiatives (through cost reductions or price increases). Ensure that all customer changes are adequately costed and quoted. Facilitate and coordinate CTS cost improvement initiatives during program execution.
- Ensure all customer payments are received on time.
- Facilitate and participate in customer meetings at customer and CTS locations.
- Participate in supplier meetings as required.
- Maintain project open issues list and facilitate completion of project action items.
- Communicate project status and ensure risks are identified and mitigation plans implemented during project execution.
- Support other Program Management initiatives, as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong working knowledge and proven experience in automotive product and program management systems including APQP and PPAP.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills.
- Proven experience and interaction with suppliers, customers and senior management.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office especially Excel & PowerPoint.
- Thorough understanding of Program management principles and methods.
- In depth knowledge of MS Project.
- Experience with PCB, electronic components, magnetics, stamping, plastic injection molding, low and high-volume assembly helpful.
- ERP/MRP system experience desirable.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other related field required.
- 5 years of previous experience as a Program Manager required.
- Automotive industry highly desired (Tier 1 ideal). Commodity experience (actuators, pedals, sensors) a plus.
- Ability to work several hours at a computer.
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) as needed (up to 20%).
- Standard office environment.
CTS Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer who complies with all applicable federal, state and local employment laws. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CTS Corporation will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. It has been and shall continue to be both the official policy and the commitment of CTS Corporation to further equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of, among other characteristics, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We fully comply with all applicable Department of Labor and EEOC rules, regulations, guidelines, and orders including but not limited to Executive Order 11246 and 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4, 60-250.5(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). The parties hereby incorporate the requirements of 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4(a)(7), 29 C.F.R. Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A, 41 C.F.R. § 60-300.5(a) and 41 C.F.R. § 60-741.5(a), if applicable. Except where prohibited by law, all offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a background check and drug screening.
Applicant must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US.