This position will learn/perform single crystal growth processing from platinum preparation, powder mixing, ingot preparation/firing to single crystal seeding and growth.
- Furnace preparation for crystal growing process
- Crucible preparation for crystal growth process
- Carry out crystal seed-in, monitor growth, adjust growth parameters, and inspection to ensure crystal quality and yield.
- Maintain crystal growth equipment.
- Work in Platinum or Powder Preparation during non-seeding times, if needed
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in crystal growth in any technique, Bridgman method preferred.
- Experience working with temperature controllers, stepper motors, electrical heaters/transformers preferred but not required.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in team environment as well as individually with minimal supervision and guidance after a training period.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to troubleshoot independently based on various data and graphs monitoring growth process.
- Be a pro-active energetic team player.
CTS Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer who complies with all applicable federal, state and local employment laws. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CTS Corporation will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. It has been and shall continue to be both the official policy and the commitment of CTS Corporation to further equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of, among other characteristics, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
- Support crystal growth on weekends, holidays, and work overtime when required.
- Work 12 hours shifts and different shift (day/night) when required (alternating 3 & 4-day work schedule).
- Ability to go up and down 12-inch steps, work on elevated platforms.
- Physical ability to stand and walk for long periods. Able to lift 60 lbs.
We fully comply with all applicable Department of Labor and EEOC rules, regulations, guidelines, and orders including but not limited to Executive Order 11246 and 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4, 60-250.5(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). The parties hereby incorporate the requirements of 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4(a)(7), 29 C.F.R. Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A, 41 C.F.R. § 60-300.5(a) and 41 C.F.R. § 60-741.5(a), if applicable. Except where prohibited by law, all offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a background check and drug screening.
Applicant must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US.
No agencies please.