Under the direction of the Director of Single Crystal Technology, the New Product Development Engineer leads the effort to develop new products based on single crystals and ceramics and is responsible for bringing new revenue to the company by successfully launching new significant products to manufacturing. The engineer will fill gaps in current process capabilities by researching alternative innovative approaches, identifying promising alternatives, and developing the best fit technology into a robust manufacturing process.
- Develop new products based on single crystals and ceramics.
- Develop and improve mechanical finishing process and transfer to manufacturing in a rapid, efficient and quality manner.
- Provide direction to engineers and technicians in problem solving activities. Work closely with colleagues in the department and in manufacturing.
- Capable of conveying ideas and concepts clearly and effectively through verbal and written communications.
Some travel may be required to foreign and domestic locations.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Develop new products based on single crystals and ceramics. The primary responsibility is to develop new products meeting customer requirements and bring new products to full manufacturing. Work individually and as leader of a team to develop new processes to fill capability gap as required. Work closely with manufacturing to develop and deliver products to customer from feasibility stage to final release to manufacturing. Specifics include preparing and reviewing engineering travelers based on customer specs and assuring product and process quality by designing testing methods, establishing standards and confirming manufacturing processes.
- Product or process launch. Ensure new products are ready for manufacturing. Lead the effort to launch new processes and products to manufacturing line either domestically or transfer offshore. Lead design reviews and FSA (final ship acceptance) to complete product launch
- Participate in production crystal finishing discussion and provide technical assistance in improving crystal finishing process and resolving issues encountered in production.
- Address shortfalls in products, materials and processes through development of creative and innovative approaches. File disclosures for potential patents and/or trade secrets.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Solid understanding of machining single crystals and ceramics including slicing, dicing, grinding, drilling.
- Skilled in applying analytical tools and statistical techniques.
- Self-motivated, work efficiently and drive projects to completion. Be able to work independently and in a team environment.
Education and Experience
- BS degree or higher in engineering or related field with 3+ years of experience in product development.
- Hands-on experience operating semiconductor machining equipment such as dicing saws and grinders.
- Lean manufacturing and direct piezoelectric/dielectric component manufacturing experience is preferred.
Working Schedule and Environment
- Development engineering involves a combination of confined sitting, standing and walking. Periods of time may require extended standing.
- Single crystal materials contain Pb. New Product Development Engineer may be required to spend extensive amounts of time in crystal finishing areas preparing samples or improving process. Exposure to controlled Pb environments.
CTS Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer who complies with all applicable federal, state and local employment laws. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CTS Corporation will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. It has been and shall continue to be both the official policy and the commitment of CTS Corporation to further equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of, among other characteristics, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We fully comply with all applicable Department of Labor and EEOC rules, regulations, guidelines, and orders including but not limited to Executive Order 11246 and 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4, 60-250.5(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). The parties hereby incorporate the requirements of 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4(a)(7), 29 C.F.R. Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A, 41 C.F.R. § 60-300.5(a) and 41 C.F.R. § 60-741.5(a), if applicable. Except where prohibited by law, all offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a background check and drug screening.
Applicant must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US.
No agencies, please.