This position will provide new product development and project launch leadership, serve as a leader of a multi-disciplinary team and provide core technical support, ensure the cost timing and performance objectives are met for assigned projects and provide training to other engineers and technicians. This position will be for someone who can manage/lead technical execution, not spending most of the day designing at a CAD station.
- Lead Engineering activities to support accelerator pedal module development and production launch while interfacing with global customers and suppliers.
- Mechanical design using Solid Edge software, as well as tolerance stack-up analyses, mathematical modeling of product function and performance, etc.
- Lead benchmarking and analysis of competitive products/technologies.
- Lead team to ensure product design and performance compliance with CTS, regulatory and customer specification. Develop internal performance specifications to support new product development.
- Ensure adequate project and technical communications (e.g. meetings, oral reports, technical reports) with CTS personnel, management, suppliers and customers.
- Manage technology development and integration into existing and new product/process opportunities.
CTS Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer who complies with all applicable federal, state and local employment laws. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CTS Corporation will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. It has been and shall continue to be both the official policy and the commitment of CTS Corporation to further equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of, among other characteristics, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of automotive industry procedures/systems, e.g., IATF-16949, APQP, FMEA, change control processes, etc.
- Good understanding of cause and effect relationships to provide the skill to identify and solve problems using tools such as FTA, 8D, 5-why analysis, fishbone analysis, DOE etc.
- Familiarity with DFMEA and/or DRBFM
- Basic experience with Solid Edge or similar CAD program
- Self-motivated and results orientated, proactive with outstanding planning and follow up skills.
- Capable of managing and prioritizing multiple projects/tasks, including projects involving global teams
- Able to communicate and write effectively resulting in a clear understanding of the issues.
- Ability to lead effective communication internally as well as with CTS customers and suppliers.
- External customer management experience required.
- Ability to use Microsoft office required.
- Automotive Quality Standards experience preferred
- Familiarity with high volume production products preferred.
- Familiarity with test and validation of products preferred.
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience highly preferred.
We fully comply with all applicable Department of Labor and EEOC rules, regulations, guidelines, and orders including but not limited to Executive Order 11246 and 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4, 60-250.5(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). The parties hereby incorporate the requirements of 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4(a)(7), 29 C.F.R. Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A, 41 C.F.R. § 60-300.5(a) and 41 C.F.R. § 60-741.5(a), if applicable. Except where prohibited by law, all offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a background check and drug screening.
Applicant must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US.
No agencies please.