This position leads procurement functions for multiple commodities and suppliers as assigned with a team of direct report senior buyers. Supports functional leadership in the establishment and attainment of departmental goals and objectives.
The Purchasing Manager leads the procurement of required goods and services needed for the efficient operation of the SBU. This position, together with the functional leadership, establishes specific goals for vendor strategy and cost for assigned commodities/suppliers and monitors the progress toward the achievement of those goals. Standard purchasing practices are used to carry out those goals and monitor progress toward their achievement. Commodity management skills are implemented as required. These skills will include, but not be limited to: evaluating and implementing new and innovative ways to purchase goods and services (consignment, kanbans, supplier-managed inventories, commodity strategies, etc.), development of negotiating strategies, and supply base rationalization (expansion and reduction) as needed.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Lead team to procure goods and services as assigned. Responsible for purchasing all goods and services in accordance with established commodity strategies, company policies, and purchasing procedures. This includes initiating and evaluating quotations from suppliers, evaluating the overall capability of potential new suppliers, de-sourcing suppliers per strategic plans, on-site quality system auditing, negotiating and implementing long-term agreements while working to solve quality/delivery issues related to purchased products.
- New Product Development support including supplier evaluation, selection, and qualification. Responsible for the purchasing aspects of new programs under development. This includes areas such as source evaluation and selection, make/buy analysis, price and delivery negotiation. Work in a team environment with representatives from other disciplines to ensure suppliers are involved early in the design phase of a program. This, along with effective sourcing and negotiating, will contribute to making sure new products and programs are launched with high quality at the best value.
- Lead/develop and implement SBU sourcing and commodity strategies. 1 to 2 strategy deployment/updates per year. Meet cost improvement goals for commodities assigned. Work with SBU and/or representatives from other locations within the corporation to maximize the purchasing leverage. Where applicable, lead or be a team member on commodity teams designed to determine similar products purchased by different divisions, develop and implement sourcing/commodity strategies to optimize purchasing leverage, and monitor the overall effectiveness of the purchase agreements.
- Negotiate and execute long-term purchase agreements with legal input/review.
- Identify and implement cost improvement program opportunities on carryover programs/new launches, including make/buy analysis.
- Supply base consolidation and risk analysis.
- Continuous improvement of supplier performance and departmental procedures.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Sound decision-making skills using analytical data and information from internal and external sources. Able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Leadership skills with demonstrated experience managing direct reports.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable in performing multi-faceted and complex projects. Proactive in developing financial analyses for new and unique business supplier events.
- Organized and detail-oriented; able to establish and adjust priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Comfortable working with both high-level and lower-level projects. Able to perform multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Strong communication skills. Must be able to present complex financial data and other supportable information to different levels in the organization.
- Work well with diverse skill levels across the organization and develop strong working relationships with purchasing personnel, external suppliers, and cross-functionally.
Education, Experience, and Environment
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 10+ years of progressive purchasing experience.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and leadership capabilities.
- Automotive or manufacturing background preferred.
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) as needed, up to 25%.
- Remote work capability for regular telecommuting. Primary office location in Farmington, MI, Lisle, IL, or Elkhart, IN.
CTS Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer who complies with all applicable federal, state and local employment laws. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CTS Corporation will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. It has been and shall continue to be both the official policy and the commitment of CTS Corporation to further equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of, among other characteristics, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We fully comply with all applicable Department of Labor and EEOC rules, regulations, guidelines, and orders including but not limited to Executive Order 11246 and 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4, 60-250.5(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). The parties hereby incorporate the requirements of 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4(a)(7), 29 C.F.R. Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A, 41 C.F.R. § 60-300.5(a) and 41 C.F.R. § 60-741.5(a), if applicable. Except where prohibited by law, all offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a background check and drug screening.
Applicant must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US.
No agencies please.